The Game Developers Conference (GDC) - the largest event for game developers with over 26'000 attendees - plays an integral role in promoting Switzerland as a leading player in the global game industry. The event offers a platform to showcase Swiss-made games to an international audience. Indeed, the Swiss game industry has grown steadily over the past years, and boasts a remarkable rate of success stories, considering the size of the country.
This year, for the 10th time in a row, the Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia is organizing the participation of independent Swiss studios at GDC 2020 in San Francisco. A delegation of 14 game studios has been selected to exhibit their inventions at the SwissGames Pavilion, one of the largest national presence in the GDC Play area. This year the SwissGames pavilion will feature a brand new booth design by Lausanne-based Egli Studio.
Among the delegation are established studios such as Blindflug Studios (2019 GDC Pitch winner), Stray Fawn Studio or Sunnyside Games; innovative technologies (vrbn studios or SO REAL digital twins) and exciting first releases («Deep Space Gardening» and «Kukulcan»).
The selected SwissGames at the Pavilion are:
- Black Spoon Studios – «Kukulcan»
- Asteroid Lab – «Terraformers»
- Space Indie Studios – «SOL 705»
- SO REAL Digital Twins AG
- Fiberjungle GmbH – «Fiberjungle – Handtracking Game»
Ghofran Akil – «UNRESOLVED – a mobile text-based interactive narrative»
- Team DSG – «Deep Space Gardening»
- Blindflug Studios – «Stellar Commanders»
- Stray Fawn Studio – «Nimbatus»/« Niche – Breed & Evolve» Mobile / «Nyoma» – The Walking Village
- Shy Robot Games – «Colorful Darkness»
- Sunnyside Games – «Aliens vs Knights»
- BISBOG SA – «Comic Chat»
- vrbn studios – «3D urban environments»
- Rosie Reality – Interactive family stories
In addition to GDC, a selection of studios from the SwissGames delegation will also be present at Game Connection America and at the European Game Showcase.