One hundred and eleven start-ups yesterday, today they are only eight still running for Prix Strategis 2021 and its CHF 50,000 reward. The eight semi-finalists are:
- Backbone Photo: Created by three photography enthusiasts, Backbone is a community of talent that shares a knack for art and high standards. The startup provides on-demand service for professional visuals.
- Bloom Biorenewables transforms plants into renewable materials and energy to substitute detrimental petroleum-derived products.
- BLP Digital: ETH spinoff uses AI to automate document-based ERP and accounting processes such as the incoming goods inspection and invoice verification.
- Dagsmejan Ventures transfers technological approaches from the sportswear sector to nightwear.
- Neurosoft developed a new generation of soft and conformable implantable electrodes that seamlessly interface with the nervous tissues and can improve clinical outcomes for patients.
- Spectroplast offers silicone additive manufacturing service to produce 3d silicone products by using 3d biocompatible and high precision silicone material.
- Syntharais a Swiss silicon tech venture who develops chips for artificial intelligence.
- Volumina is active in the field of tissue engineering and develops injectable biomaterials for the reconstruction of human tissues.
HEC Espace Entreprise and the Prix Strategis Jury are pleased to welcome Jeroen Van den Oever, CFO of SUN Bioscience, the laureate start-up of the Prix Strategis 2020. This new member of the Jury brings a new perspective, an additional expertise and an established knowledge of business management, enhancing the Jury’s ability to identify the most promising talents. As Head of the Prix Strategis Department at HEC Espace Entreprise, Alexandre Keusen also joins the Jury.
The winning start-up will be unveiled at the Closing Ceremony in May 2021 at the Olympic Museum in Lausanne. However, there are still several steps before this conclusion, the next one being the one that makes the Prix Strategis so unique. Students from HEC Lausanne will meet the semi-finalists over the next few months and then write a report and present their assigned start-up in order to help the Jury make its selection of finalists. These students will bring their fresh outlook that makes Prix Strategis truly stand out.
See you on March 31th, 2021 for the announcement of the finalist start-ups!
(Press release - ES)