The organizers expect again over 300 guests – 80% women, including female founders and founders from Switzerland, Europe, Asia, Africa, investors from Switzerland, Europe, Asia, representatives from corporate venturing and startup support organizations, government and media.
The half-day program starts at 2 pm with Founder Insights at the main hall, and the Founder Pitches at Villa Tobler – here ten female founders will present their start-up to investors. This year's pitches include cases from FinTech, IoT, MedTech, Life Science, Consumer / Luxury Goods, and Drones, among others:
The evening program from 5.30 pm onwards features interesting insights from Swiss and international speakers, including:
- Trudi Haemmerli, Member of the Board, Innosuisse and Commission Member, Commission for Technology and Innovation CTI
- Soo Boon Koh, Founder & Managing Partner, Singapore, iGlobe Partners
- Johanna Ehrnrooth, Fundraising & Events Volunteer, Hand in Hand International
- Barbara Fischer, Founding Partner, Arena Ventures
- Laurent Roux, Entrepreneurship Officer, EIT European Institute of Innovation & Technology
- Christina Kehl, Board Member & Managing Director, Swiss Finance Startups
- Christina Töpfer, Country Manager Switzerland, Book a Tiger
- Christian K. Winkler, Principal, btov Partners
- Marlene Mehlstäubler, Deutsche Börse Venture Market
This year's topics
Asia is leading the world in population growth, technology growth, capital growth, economic impact growth. China will be the largest consumer market in the world, larger than Europe and USA together, by 2050. And investors and corporates from Asia have a profound interest in innovation from Europe and seek to invest in technology and ventures. Mrs. Soo Boon Koh will give insights into rising opportunities for entrepreneurs and how to access them.
Technology accelerates our lives brings about advantages and also challenges. Carole Hofmann will give an overview over future technologies including cyborgs, digital nation states, flying cars, "impossible foods" – and what we will be faced with already in the near future.
Women Entrepreneurs change our economies for good
The world is facing massive social, economic and environmental challenges in the coming years. But a shift in thinking is taking place and a lot of solutions are being developed. An increasing number of female founded startups create products and services that really make a difference. A panel composed of representatives from venture capital, institutional and entrepreneur side will discuss the state of the planet and the economic impact women entrepreneurs are making.
The full program and speaker information is available on the website of the event.