The Swiss-Swedish Innovation Initiative (SWII) is an exclusive industrial R&D partnering program. The objective is to increase number of industrial R&D partnerships and the number of joint R&D projects between Switzerland and Sweden. SWII's results so far: 30 market oriented R&D consortia and projects to a value of EUR38 million.
The next industrial R&D partnering program focuses on Additive Manufacturing. Among the industrial partners, who are interested in R&D partnering, you can find Swiss and Swedish MNE:s, like RUAG, Saab, Sandvik, MAN and Höganäs, as well as the most technology intensive SMEs, like Exmet, ABCD Technologies, 3D Metprint and Swissto 12, and academia partners like ETH Zurich and EPFL. Project funding is available via Eureka and Eurostars.
Following sub topics within Smart Products for Automated Transportation are prioritized:
1. Metal powder development for additive manufacturing
- Powder manufacturing alloys, materials characterization, standardization
2. Pre-process, process and post process development
- Design and tooling, tailored microstructures, process/quality control, post processing
3. Geometry and design optimization
- Density, structure and surface texture, design methods including rules, standards, software support, sustainable design, and software design for integration into current production lines
The partnering event will take place on 28 September in Neuchâtel. Ten carefully chosen Swiss and Swedish SMEs will gain the opportunity to pitch their next R&D idea to the industry audience. If you are interested in an elevator pitch, please contact Mr. Jakob Mökander or Ms. Maja Zoric, Business Sweden, for more information
jakob.mokanderbusiness-swedense, +43 664 235 15 21
maja.zoricbusiness-swedense, +43 664 23515 23
More information on the website of SWII and in the PDF below.
Image: Moreno Soppelsa, Fotolia.com