Boldbrain Startup Challenge is an acceleration program for early-stage innovative startups in Ticino, organised by the Agire Foundation with the support of the USI Startup Centre. The challenge offers 20 new startups a three-month coaching program that helps them shape the project identity and boost their entrepreneurial journey. The programme kicks off in September and ends with the award ceremony in early December. Cash prizes totaling 120.000 CHF are up for grabs, and many other prizes in services for a total value of more than 80.000 CHF, including a full scholarship to attend the USI Executive MBA worth 52.000 CHF.
The ten teams selected by the regional jury to enter the finals are (in alphabetical order):
- AMIS Automated Medical Image Segmentation, Ticino (medtech)
- Arcadia, Italy (energy, cleantech)
- DolcePack (packaging, machinery)
- ƎDomusTech, Ticino (3D concrete printing)
- Ethafa, Ticino (social entrepreneurship, education)
- InkVivo, Zurich/Ticino (biopharma/medtech)
- Lealty, Ticino (consumer products and services)
- motuSML, Italy (ICT, software and data engineering)
- PepperZone, Ticino (ICT, software and data engineering)
- talent4gig, Ticino (ICT, software and data engineering)
The finalists will present and pitch their projects at the Awards Ceremony on 2 December 2021, starting at 6:30PM at the Palazzo dei Congressi in Lugano – a first for Boldbrain, reflecting the steady growth of the programme. The ten finalists will compete for the five prizes awarded by the national jury and the sixth prize awarded by the audience vote. Registrations are mandatory and open until 25 November 2021 at boldbrain.ch.
(Press release / DL / SK)
Photo: Boldbrain team from left, Francesco Lurati, director USI Startup Centre; Barbara Pin, Program Manager Boldbrain; Fiorenza Trento, head of communications; Stefano Rizzi, head of the Division of Economics Canton Ticino.