You might have heard about Blockchain as the technology behind the cryptocurrency Bitcoin. But applications of this technology go way beyond cryptocurrencies. Blockchain technology has the potential to impact many parts of daily life as well as any organizational and operational model that is based on the exchange of values and transactions of any kind (related to services, products, rights, identities, etc.)
We will dive deeper into the concept of blockchain technology and how it could be used to provide innovative solutions for the social sector. We will explore practical use cases and best practice examples in the areas of energy, food and finance, always with a specific emphasis on creating social impact.
Throughout the workshop, participants will explore more about the logic of smart contracts and develop their own blockchain based models with the potential to create significant social impact.
By the end of this workshop you will have:
- A better understand of how blockchain works and why some consider it the technology of the future
- A better understand of cryptocurrencies & cryptoassets like bitcoin and ether
- Become familiar with blockchain concepts like ethereum, smart contracts, distributed ledger, token systems, etc
- Learned about various Blockchain based models
- Developed new and innovative models for the social sector based on the blockchain technology
Skill level: Beginner – Intermediate