”Marketing is no longer about the product you build, but the story you tell” - Seth Godin
Storytelling is often praised as the ultimate marketing tool. Whether it is to advertise a product, motivate your employees or rally people behind a common cause. But what is a “brand story” exactly, how do you develop a great one and to implement it?
In this STRIDE Lab we will develop a deep understanding of the role of branding for your business and yourself, and concretely craft your personal brand story case using the Brand Story Canvas, developed by Creative Supply .
Why should you join the Lab?
● You are launching a product or service as entre- or intrapreneur;
● You are interested in storytelling, specifically related to brands and campaigns;
● You are a branding, marketing, campaigning or communication professional and want to learn the latest tools;
● You want to take a break in between the day-to-day madness of delivering marketing materials to dig much deeper and reflect on how stories really work;
● You want to learn how to employ brand storytelling for a “matter of concern” of your own and build a network of fellow practitioners you can learn from;
● You would like to to get a teaser about personal branding, why this is relevant for everyone in today’s society and how you do it best;
● You want to learn what storytelling is beyond TV advertising campaigns and promotional videos;
● You want to master a consistent and full-proof way to create stories for your organisation;
● You want to expand your creative thinking skills and learn how to develop stories (even for seemingly mundane products or services).
unCERTIFICATE of completion
Upon successful completion of a pre-assignment (1-3h), the workshop (12h) and a post-assignment (8-14h) demonstrating expected learning outcomes, you will obtain an unCertificate of Completion (equivalent of 1 ECTS).
About the Lab teacher
Youri Sawerschel is a Branding Expert and Founder of Creative Supply, a strategic branding agency based in Zurich. Solicited for his creative thinking skills, Youri has been involved with projects focused on creating, launching and managing brands in Europe, China and the Middle-East. He has worked with brands as diverse as Kempinski Hotels, UBS, EPFL and Mondelez. Youri is also the author of dozens of articles on the topics of brand strategy and entrepreneurship and is a lecturer at ESSEC Business School in Paris and Geneva School of Business (HEG).