The aim of this summer school is to address the following questions by sharing knowledge, experiences, and pitfalls about how to transform scientific advances into societal impact through entrepreneurship:
- How can science be directly valuable for society and scale from lab to market?
- How to get and choose the right team, investors, advisors, and legal setup?
- What are common pitfalls in this process, and how to avoid them?
The program of this summer school is tailored to provide the participants with a framework to develop the societal impact of scientific advances.
- First, participants present a scientific innovation and form co-founding teams.Then, putting the school its lectures, workshops, and socials into practice, teams shape their science-based business.
- Finally, participants pitch their work to a jury, receive feedback, and compete for a prize.
PhD students from any institute worldwide are eligible.